The objectives of the course are to help students:
(1) understand what is in financial statements and what the statements say about a business
(2) identify the business activities that caused the amounts that appear in the statements
(3) understand how, when, and at what amount the effects of manager and employee actions will appear in the statements.
The learning objectives are to:
1. Gain an understanding of accounting terminology, principles and concepts.
2. Learn how business events and transactions are reported in financial statements.
3. Prepare basic financial statements for a business.
4. Analyze financial statements to assess the performance and risk of a business.
5. Learn how financial information is utilized in the decision-making process.